Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Being Influenced

My most recent read is 'Burton by Burton,' a book written by Tim Burton who has always been a inspiration to me. One of the things he said that really has stuck with me is that he has never considered himself great at drawing but he enjoys doing it so it doesn't matter what people think. Before reading that statement by him I was rather self conscious about my work. Now I am carrying a small sketchbook around with me and drawing every single day without worry a second about how it might turn out; I am just drawing because I enjoy it.





Tim also was talking about how he never intended to make 'Nightmare Before Christmas.' He had a idea and just kept branching off of it, so I have been making little series to follow that concept.



No comments:

Post a Comment